Saturday, March 15, 2014

Sharing Web Resources

This week I chose two websites.  NAEYC, because I utilize this website on many different occasions and find it to be a priceless resource. The other website is the Canadian Childcare  Federation, which is very similar to our NAEYC.

National Association for the Education of Young Children
http://www.naeyc.org/

Canadian Childcare  Federation
http://www.cccf-fcsge.ca/

Both websites and organizations focus on the betterment of young children. I located the Canadian website through the NAEYC Global Alliance, and decided to  peruse it because of its close proximity to the United States.  I was very curious as to whether they were similar or different.
I found both websites to be very similar with he same concerns such as child health, care, and professional development.  There is also a concern on behalf of the Canadian Childcare Federation  for Aboriginal Child Care because  of the various Aboriginal Communities within Canada.


4 comments:

  1. I love NAEYC website myself, I am a member and of our state affiliate NCaeyc and I receive the Journals, I was just digging through some of the old ones to get them all organised. Are you a member of the association, it makes alot more resources available with the memberships.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Karen,
    I do agree with Jo, that NAEYC is a fantastic resource to be a member of, the wealth of information offered to it's members and it's level of resources is incredible. I receive a magazine that they offer called "Young Children" and it gives tips and resources on being a better educator and providing the best possible environment for your classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I do belong and I enjoy all of the valuable resources...it helps we get the "student dues" price as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not yet a member of NAEYC. I was many years ago, but let it lapse. I feel that I should join again especially since my school is in the self study process.

    Did you guys know that we get a discount on our tuition at Walden when you are a member? If you don't currently call and ensure you get the discount from here on out.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete