Saturday, August 23, 2014

Professional Hopes and Goals

As we come to the close of this course, I would like to tell my classmates thank you for all of your valuable feedback and support.  One of the greatest parts of this experience is learning from those in the field and you are all truly a part of this experience.  Best luck in your future endeavors!

The one hope that I have for working with diverse families is that I am a model for others working in the field.  I profess to have an open mind and a caring heart and I act accordingly. I have learned o much about respect and how we should treat and be treated and I just hope that this practice shows in my character.

This hope also directly relates to my goal, as it is quite similar. My goal is to not forget the lessons learned and the stories told, but to embrace them for the betterment of change for myself and all of those I come in contact with.

Farewell and best regards...

Diversity

4 comments:

  1. Karen,

    I put that picture on my Blog too! Throughout this course you have demonstrated a real heart for diversity! You are already modeling a love for diversity! As you continue to grow professionally you will grow and learn more about diversity. I have found that my eyes have been uncovered and I cannot help but make a difference in my immediate world when it comes to bias behaviors. I have enjoyed growing with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen,

    I too have really enjoyed this class in particular. It has felt much more like peers sharing and corroborating rather than being tested if we were right or wrong. The stories and thoughts shared add a level of understanding and realism that you just can't get from a book. I have appreciated your comments and posts. I like forward to possibly seeing you in the next class.
    Best Wishes, Jenn Pore`

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful goal, to remember the importance of everything learned. In my opinion, that's the true definition of building a positive character. It definitely has been a pleasure:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Karen,

    Thank you for all of your kind words, advice, and experiences for us to learn from. Your goal is a wonderful goal. We are models for others in the field. I am so glad to have taken this course. I think that we all have learned so much about ourselves and others, both personally and professionally. I wish you the best of luck in your academic journey, and hope to see you in a future course!

    ReplyDelete