Saturday, February 15, 2014

My Supports

Support, to me, is a force that keeps me going.  I have many different supports in my life, and they serve different purposes.  My first support is God...God is my foundation of life and continually blesses all aspects within.  My second support is my husband and family...they give me reason to go on when life gets hard or crazy.   My third support is myself and my values...these have been engrained in me throughout life by my experiences and have truly formed me and continue to be a driving force within.  

These are by no means, my only supports...they are just my major, life dependent ones.  I have work supports which include my colleagues and friends.  I have personal supports, like routines, time management skills, etc. I also have pleasurable supports such as my guinea pig, hobbies, and interests.  All of these supports keep my life harmonious.

Imagining my life without these supports is very disheartening.  I am at a stage in my life where life is good.  Of course there are the normal ups and downs, and it is by no means perfect...but it is progressing positively.  I credit my supports for this.  

5 comments:

  1. It is interesting that you have included your hobbies and pets as your support, I guess everything that's attached to your life supports you in some way. Thank God for family and friends who show you continuous support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen,
    I also listed my hobbies and consistent routines as a support in my life. I truly believe that taking time to care for myself makes me a better wife, mother, friend, and teacher. I also feel that without the support of a consistent routine, my life would be chaotic and stressful. I like how you included time management as a support in your life. Time management is definitely a challenge for me, but I find that maintaining a consistent routine helps support me in this area of weakness. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen,
    I think that your inclusion of yourself as a support is an important reminder to us all that we need to always love on and support ourselves in everything we do. We sometimes get caught up in everthing outside ourselves that we forget about that. Thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Karen,

    It is so great to include yourself as a support. We have to be mindful of keeping ourselves strong, as well as getting support from others around us. God is a strong force and is always blessing me. I forgot to put God as my number one support in my blog, but God is definetly number one support system. It is also nice to see that you have included skills in your support. support comes in so many forms; it is hard to pinpoint all of one's daily support systems. it is great to read that you have lots of support in your life to keep you motivated. Great blog post:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen,
    I enjoyed your post. I think that you have your priorities in order. I like how you put your own personal self drive in the mix. I think it is important to recognize that even though God is all-knowing and is always there for us, he also calls us to love ourselves. Also, family is a huge factor in success for many people, and I'm glad that you have that as a support system. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete