Friday, September 27, 2013

Words of Inspiration and Motivation

"My wish for the new millennium is for children...to grow up wiser,stronger, and more prosperous for the future than ever before."
~Hillary Clinton

"I just think that giving a child a chance and sharing what you have with a child is one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself, as well as a child."
~Hillary Clinton

"I feel very lucky because of my parents and then my education, the opportunities that I've had, so I would like to continue working to improve life for others."
~Hillary Clinton


"The best economic development strategy is to invest in early childhood."
~Art Rolnick, senior Vice President, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis

"Cities always think they can promote economic growth by building a stadium but that's a terrible investment. He best way to promote growth is to invest in kids."
~Art Rolnick, federal reserve economist

"I'm not here to save the world, just make a difference in the community, or one child's life."
~Raymond Hernandez MSEd., Executive Director, School of Early Childhood Education University of Southern California

"It is important to makes real contribution to the world through teaching..."
~Louise Derman-Sparks, Professor Emeritus

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world."
~Nelson Mandela, President of South Africa and political activist.

"Wisdom begins with wonder."
~Socrates, Greek Philosopher


2 comments:

  1. Karen,

    I really like the quote you have from Louise Derman-Sparks. It's a shame when the contributions from a teacher are overlooked. Teachers are responsible for laying the groundwork for education and encouraging continued learning. It is nice to see children start learning and the joy in their eyes when they are doing it.

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all great inspirational quotes that teachers and people should read. I especially love the second quote by Hilary Clinton. I love it because that’s all a child need is a chance to show their talents and they look to us for guidance. Sharing your wisdom and guidance with a child is the most wonderful you can give them.

    ReplyDelete