Saturday, June 7, 2014

Research Around The World

This week  explored the international early childhood website, Early Childhood Australia.  I chose this website because it is very similar to the NAEYC website, and is very user friendly.  The site contained a wealth of information, as well as some very informative links.

I was very surprised to see that many of the main issues on the website were ones that are priority in the United States as well.  Topics such as preschool funding, best practices, and professional partnerships are some of the most current topics of interest.

They have a publication on the website called "Voice" and it was obtainable while exploring the cite.  One of the more recent issues had a small article on the Early Childhood Flexibility Practices and Patterns Project in Australia.  I found this to be of great interest to me because this is something that I feel is lacking in my own local early childhood sector.  I believe that if we were to establish a similar program, this would be a fundamental benefit to our families.

I encourage my classmates and colleagues to explore this website as well, as I feel that it is truly noteworthy and has a wealth of valid information for the field of early childhood.


http://www.earlychildhoodaustralia.org.au/about_us/about_early_childhood_australia.html
About Early Childhood Australia

2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen,
    I also explored the Early Childhood Australia website. I strongly agree that it contained a wealth of information that would be beneficial to read in order to gain a better knowledge base of what is going on internationally on the topic of early childhood. Some others important research topics I found was the topic of early literacy learning and quality care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen,
    Many of the issues that you have spoken about are very important I believe in many parts of the world, preschool funding, professional partnerships and best practices tend to be topics of discussions no matter where you search. Its interesting to see that no matter what language we speak or where we live in the world its becoming vastly apparent that when it comes to early childhood development we are all specking the same language.

    ReplyDelete