Sunday, April 27, 2014

Final Blog

As I post this final blog at the close of this course, three consequences of learning about the international early childhood field come to mind.  First, I have gained a better understanding that while we have concerns about the early childhood field in the United States, our counterparts in other nations have similar, if not the same concerns.  Second, I have realized that issues such as poverty and child welfare and health issues are national and global issues and progress in these areas is necessary.  The third and final consequence is that educators, regardless of their nation of origin, have the same goal and common thread, they want what is best for their children and families.

One goal I would like to see for the field in regard to international awareness, is a greater global understanding of the topic of early childhood education.  All young children benefit from educational services at a young age, and regardless of nation or land, the benefits are standard across the board from country to country.  Early childhood education is a necessity in all nations and should be handled, not just domestically, but on a global basis for the benefit of all children and families.

3 comments:

  1. Karen,
    What a journey we have had over the past 8 weeks! I am excited for you that you were able to make contact with an international early childhood professional! I was unable to connect with anyone, despite the many emails I sent out. I was wondering how you were able to make contact with this person, and if you have any advice for those of us who were unable to make contact? I really like that your contact spoke of her desire for the early childhood field receiving the recognition it deserves, which echoes the desires of many early childhood professionals in the United States. Thanks for all your insightful and meaningful posts, Karen. I wish you the very best as you continue to learn and grow as an early childhood professional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen,
    Thanks for sharing your experience with me. I was not able to connect with anyone however read the international web-site gave me great insight into how other professionals have the same passion and concerns as we do. I hope our journey continues in other couses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Karen,

    I agree with you on early childhood education is a necessity in our world. Collegial studies in this course made it beneficial for me to know a child's interaction with adults, are greatly influenced by the actions we enforce on addressing social issues.

    Tanya Terrell

    ReplyDelete