Saturday, December 21, 2013

When I Think of Child Development

Words of Wisdom:

"We cannot hold a torch to light another's path without brightening our own."
~Ben Sweetland

"The true aim of every one who aspires to be a teacher should be, not to impart his own opinions, but to kindle minds."
~F.W. Robertson

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand."
~Chinese Proverb


My favorite quote of the above three is the last one.  As a teacher of preschool age children, learning is hands on and my children really do learn by doing.    This is true example of why teaching that is brought to life is the most memorable and lasting.  Special thanks to all of my classmates who added their wonderful words of wisdom to my blog, especially Elizabeth, who seemed to always have a special note...Thank you!

On a lighter note:


3 comments:

  1. Karen,
    I would like to thank you for your contributions to our classroom discussions, as they are always thorough and insightful. Your experience and knowledge serve as a good resource for your classmates, and have been very useful for me to see the course objectives expressed in your real life examples. I wish you well as you continue on your educational journey and your professional career path.
    Best regards,
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, thank you for sharing your quote. I like the quote "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." which reminded me of how children learn sometimes. We need to provide them opportunities to try things so they could understand! I always enjoy reading your post even I didn't comment much. I believe you will do well on your educational journey! Happy holidays

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pamela,
    I can relate to your 3rd quote the most. Each student learns differently, whether they are auditory, hands-on, visual, or kinesthetic learners. I am incredibly grateful for my previous and present teachers and professors who have catered to my learning needs.
    Thank you for sharing your insights this past eight weeks, I really enjoyed reading your comments and suggestions. I wish you well on all of your future endeavors.
    Happy Holidays,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete