Saturday, April 25, 2015

Time Well Spent

As I approach the end of this journey, my feelings are bittersweet.  I am proud of my accomplishments throughout this process, and I feel a bond and rapport with my Walden classmates.  On the flip-side, I am saddened as this chapter closes.  Early Childhood has been one of my passions for quite sometime, and over the past eighteen months, I feel a great contentedness and unity. I will miss the discussions and topics of interest we all share.

Three items I have learned through this journey is a deeper respect for diversity, a vision for educating adults, and a longing to make the ECE profession better for both professionals and our children.

This course made me take a look at the biases in life as well as within myself As I pursue my future endeavors,  these  aspects will be a lasting influence.  I have also come to realize that educating adults is both a blessing for both parties, instructor and student.  We have so much to learn from our students, as they do from us (this is a definite correlation to how I feel regarding children as well).  Finally, this Capstone Project has allowed me to realize that ny cause for change is attainable with a great team and hard work. I look forward to utilizing these lessons in my future causes.

One long term goal I have is to become a Master Teacher in the field.  I love working with children, and I love sharing my passion with other educators.  Becoming a Master Teacher is that wonderful "happy medium" between the two.

Lastly, I want to give a heartfelt thank you to my classmates and my wonderful instructors. I leave this institution with wonderful memories.  I can honestly say that all of my instructors have been of the highest caliber regarding genuine care and concern.  Their fairness and equity has made this journey positive and one which I would recommend to anyone.  I am proud to be a Walden graduate and I will miss the bond with my classmates, but I wish each and everyone of you the best that life has to offer and we will forever be connected.






1 comment:

  1. Dear Karen,
    Thank you for the great job well done in this progam. I wish you success as you embark on this your journey. Never loose sight of this your vision.
    Success.
    Florence

    ReplyDelete