Saturday, March 28, 2015

National/Federal ECE Jobs/Roles

The first organization is National Institute For Early Education Research.  NIEER, as it is referred to, came into my school this week for research on early childhood environments.  NIEER conducts research to support high-quality, effective early childhood education.  Their research areas include, but are not limited to access, quality and curriculum, special education, ELL's, state programs, and teachers.  Currently they are offering vacant positions for Assistant Research Professors, and Data Collectors in nationwide positions.

The second organization I have researched is Children's Literacy Initiative.  CLI, as it is referred to, has helped to improve 38 low income district in Philadelphia, Chicago, Camden, and Newark NJ, and other places such as Massachusetts, Maryland, New York, and Virginia.  CLI works with teachers so that children can become powerful readers, writers,and thinkers.  Essentially, CLI coaches teachers both in and out of the classroom, and I have had the pleasure of atttending workshops given at CLI, and I also had a CLI coach a few years ago.  Currently, CLI is hiring part time literacy consultants in Pennsylvania and NJ.

The third organization I have researched is Center on the Social and Emotional Foundations for Early Learning.  CSEFEL, as this is referred to, is focused on promoting the social emotional development and school readiness of young children birth to age 5.  CSEFEL is a national resource center funded by the Office of Head Start and Child Care Bureau for disseminating research and evidence-based practices to early childhood programs across the country.  The Center is located at Vanderbilt University, and collaborates with the University of Illinois, University of South Florida, Georgetown University, University of Colorado at Denver, and ZERO TO THREE.  The website itself is such a valuable resource for parents and classroom teachers.  They have a wealth of information such as social stories, strategies, and training materials.  I did not see any current career opportunities, however, I feel this is a site for future reference.

Resources
http://www.nieer.org/home

http://www.cli.org/

http://csefel.vanderbilt.edu/



5 comments:

  1. Dear Karen,
    Thank you for your research. I did not know any of these organizations and will immediately go look at the CSEFEL website. It sound so valuable. Research in the field is crucial to adapt to changes in society and children but it needs to be dispersed t othe educators so they can apply best practices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen,
    I was very interested in Center on the Social and Emotional Foundations for Early Learning. CSEFEL, I have a love for social emotional development of young children because I know that this development is the heart and soul of a person. Often times parents are so roweled up about education and content knowledge that the social emotional is not as developed as it should be. I encourage teachers to plan specific activities to support these areas of development.weekly outside of the typical daily interactions with peers that promotes social emotional development. I will certainly look at this site often. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen,

    NIEER sounds like a wonderful research organization. If you had to choose between the two available positions Assistant Research Professor and Data Collectors which one would you be more interested in? I think it would be awesome to be apart of the team that goes out and collect data! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen,

    Those were great choices. I do work with a Research organisation and dread going to the field for many days, I would be better off as over seer in charge of the research then I can choose when I go to the field just for review. What do you think?
    Florence

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen,

    As I have come to anticipate, you provided a well thought out post. I found my research very humbling. To read what these organizations are accomplishing for children and families all over the world is amazing. I like the comments you had concerning the International Step by Step Association. I will be going to their website to check it out. You clearly are dedicated to our young population and I thank you for your work and wish you well.

    Toodles, Jenn Pore`

    ReplyDelete